Noun(1) a commercial document showing that the holder is entitled to something (as to ride on public transportation or to enter a public entertainment(2) a label written or printed on paper, cardboard, or plastic that is attached to something to indicate its owner, nature, price, etc.(3) a summons issued to an offender (especially to someone who violates a traffic regulation(4) a list of candidates nominated by a political party to run for election to public offices(5) the appropriate or desirable thing
Verb(1) issue a ticket or a fine to as a penalty(2) provide with a ticket for passage or admission
(1) Earl F. Dodge has run for President on the Prohibition ticket in every election since 1984.(2) Now there's another story, which is Lieberman, the first Jewish candidate, Orthodox Jewish candidate on a national ticket .(3) People are getting no satisfaction and they are strongly considering having somebody stand in the May elections on a ticket of keeping the school open.(4) You know, a traffic ticket was what she really was responsible for, and she ended up going to prison for committing a felony.(5) In Westmount, they ticket you for idling in a car for four minutes.(6) The concept of going forward with a unity ticket that was bipartisan was always something that we had on the table.(7) However, it is necessary to use a paper ticket for international travel.(8) Everyone looks to take advantage of every loophole available when paying taxes, paying a traffic ticket , appearing for jury duty or whatever.(9) It raises the prospect of the Lib Dems going into the election on a ticket backing extra powers for the Parliament, putting at odds with Labour.(10) Are there candidates on the anti-globalisation ticket , then, Tony?(11) Progress fought the election on an anti-immigrant ticket .(12) A police officer witnessed this blatant disregard for the law and attempted to ticket the student for jaywalking.(13) Another important rule is that they can't ticket you while you're in the drivers seat of your car, or at your vehicle.(14) his presence on the Republican ticket(15) drugs are seen as the only ticket out of poverty(16) They each handed their tickets to the ticket taker and entered the plane.
(1) return ticket :: tikiti kubwerera
(2) ticket office :: tikiti ofesi
(3) plane ticket :: tikiti ndege
(4) air ticket :: tikiti mpweya
(5) parking ticket :: magalimoto tikiti
(6) train ticket :: tikiti sitima
(7) ticket counter :: tikiti kauntala
(8) single ticket :: tikiti single
(9) one-way ticket :: njira ya tikiti
(10) ticket window :: tikiti zenera
1. pass ::
2. tag ::
3. slate ::
4. just the ticket ::
5. fine ::
ticket, ticketed, ticketing, tickets
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
Do you want to play Jenga?
Or Ticket to Ride?
The Big Bang Theory Season 10, Episode 13
and that I gave you that TICKET.
Breaking Bad Season 5, Episode 16
Look, here's the...
the plane TICKET you bought me
The Big Bang Theory Season 7, Episode 6
Okay, look, they sent me the TICKET.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 16
Yeah, and you do realize
I bought my TICKET
The Big Bang Theory Season 9, Episode 11
English to Chichewa Dictionary: ticket
Meaning and definitions of ticket, translation in Chichewa
language for ticket with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of ticket in Chichewa and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'ticket'
What ticket means in Chichewa, ticket meaning
in Chichewa, ticket
definition, examples and pronunciation
of ticket in Chichewa language.