Noun(1) a unit of time equal to 60 seconds or 1/60th of an hour(2) an indefinitely short time(3) a particular point in time(4) a unit of angular distance equal to a 60th of a degree(5) a short note(6) distance measured by the time taken to cover it
Adjective(1) infinitely or immeasurably small(2) characterized by painstaking care and detailed examination
(1) Well, let's get to Mohamed Atta for a minute because you mentioned him as well.(2) McIntyre lifted his players during the half-time break but a glazing miss in the first minute of the second period could have proved costly.(3) For a minute there I thought I was visiting my dad (who's lived there since 1980).(4) Unfortunately, the presence of minute ore particles had a real impact on our attempt to photograph the ships.(5) The springs' colors changed, too, as minute particles of broken rock muddied the waters.(6) Administrative officials should learn to delegate jobs to avoid being trapped into minute management details.(7) Every minute detail was made available at the stalls, and the company officials were present for giving more information.(8) Paul and Rosie had to undertake training sessions, and the whole family had to have their background examined in minute detail.(9) Men focus first on minute detail, and operate most easily with a certain detachment.(10) When I point this out to her, McCartney thinks for a minute .(11) Think about the bit in the brackets for a minute .(12) she spends every spare minute with him(13) The lacquer contains minute ceramic particles which harden in the paintshop oven and form a barrier that's difficult to mar in any way.(14) I'll only be a minute(15) he was here a minute ago(16) I told Aziza every minute detail, about the angry Jewish slave and the pharaoh's reaction to the stories I told.
(1) just a minute :: miniti yokha
(2) last minute :: yomaliza
(3) a minute :: miniti
(4) in a minute :: mu miniti
(5) at the last minute :: pa yomaliza
(6) every minute :: miniti iliyonse
(7) per minute :: pamphindi
(8) minute hand :: dzanja miniti
(9) revolutions per minute :: kusintha pa mphindi
(10) a minute ago :: miniti zapitazo
1. negligible ::
2. exhaustive ::
3. narrow ::
4. infinitesimal ::
5. moment ::
6. point ::
8. min ::
9. mo ::
10. hour ::
11. minute of arc ::
mphindi waku Arc
minute, minuted, minutely, minuteness, minutes, minuting
Word Example from TV Shows
The best way to learn proper English is to read news report, and watch news on TV. Watching TV shows is a great way to learn casual English, slang words, understand culture reference and humor. If you have already watched these shows then you may recall the words used in the following dialogs.
...between the number of chirps per
MINUTE and the ambient temperature.
The Big Bang Theory Season 3, Episode 2
Hey, wait a second. Wait a MINUTE.
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 6
Wait a MINUTE, Farmanfarmian is speaking
and you're bogarting the symposium?
The Big Bang Theory Season 1, Episode 10
Give us a MINUTE, will you?
Breaking Bad Season 4, Episode 6
Neither of you left the room?
Not even for a little, little MINUTE?
Breaking Bad Season 2, Episode 3
English to Chichewa Dictionary: minute
Meaning and definitions of minute, translation in Chichewa
language for minute with similar and opposite words. Also find spoken pronunciation of minute in Chichewa and in English language.
Tags for the entry 'minute'
What minute means in Chichewa, minute meaning
in Chichewa, minute
definition, examples and pronunciation
of minute in Chichewa language.